Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerPlatform.Dataflows causes errors (table.combine and type.logical)

Hi,

I recently switched our PBI connectors from PowerPlatform.Dataflows() to PowerBI.Dataflows(). Both in dataflows and in datasets.
- This works well in dataflows.
- However, in datasets I have errors with datatypes = type.logical. In addition, Table.Combine in datasets causes an error that columns already exists. I haven't made any other changes and the datasets worked pretty well with PowerBI.Dataflows().

Do you know these errors in datasets related to PowerPlatform.Dataflows()? And how do you deal with it?

As a quick fix, I'm using the old connector for table.combine issues.
In the case of typ.logical issues, I switch to type text.
But that can't be the solution 😉

Thank you for your help. Best regards,
Tobi

Hi @TobiTobsen ,

Based on the information you provided, we see that this is an issue that occurs in PowerBI Automate, which doesn't seem to be the right place to get help.
You can try here

Microsoft Power Automate Community - Power Platform Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @TobiTobsen ,

Based on the information you provided, we see that this is an issue that occurs in PowerBI Automate, which doesn't seem to be the right place to get help.
You can try here

Microsoft Power Automate Community - Power Platform Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Alex_Rajkov
Advocate III

Hi,

I have the same problem and solved it just like described by @TobiTobsen.

From a well known PBI consultant I've been informed, that PBI datasets - unlike dataflows - have some problems with type logical. This should be adressed.

The issues are recreateable.

KR
Alex

TobiTobsen
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft,

thanks a lot for your response. Can you please explain why this should be an issue in Power Automate? This is happening in a PBI dataset:

1. The new connector PowerPlatform.Dataflows() was advertised for Power BI. It is used only inside the Power BI environment (connections between PBI-dataflows and PBI-datasets).
  2. These issues occur in transformations like table.combine. These are transformations within a PBI dataset. I can't see where Power Automate is involved.

PowerBI.Dataflows() is legacy, so I have to change to the new one in the future. I need your help 🙂

Kind regards, Tobi