Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBi Refresh Error

Hi,

I am desperate for some help here. I have a PowerBi report that I have been using for the past year. All the data is kept inside of a 539MB Excel spreadsheet which I update each month and refresh my date to update my PowerBi reports but one of my tables refuse to refresh. It keeps spitting out an error stating "Column 'Duration" in Table "Data" contains a duplicate value '32' and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as primary key of a table."  I have tried editing the relationship that table has to a Many to Many and no go. I tried completely deleting the relationship and still nothing. I have no idea what this error is even talking about as I went into Excel and did a remove duplicates and Excel didn't find any. I've been struggling with this for two days now and I need this report for a big presentation tomorrow morning. HELP

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jjacques 

I can fix the error by removing duplicate values. You may also try to recreate the report with the latest version of Power BI Desktop.