Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBI freezes when creating a relationship with a date table in DirectQuery mode Snowflake

PowerBI freezes when creating a relationship with a date table in DirectQuery mode Snowflake

PowerBI direct Query Snowflake Date table relation freeze

Please help this is urgent

I used the import function next and that works, but I need to use direct query so the workaround is not good for this case

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please update Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.68.5432.841 64-bit (April 2019) then test again. 

When you create a relationship, please click on Manage Relationships to create a new relationship. 

q1.PNG

If the issue still occurs, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

sp8
Helper II
Helper II

I have the same issue. I'm using the June 2019 version and when I try creating relationships via manage or via drag-and-drop it freezes and I have the shut down Power BI via task manager.

I'm using direct query to a SAP Hana data source with too many rows to be reasonable in Import mode.

Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm facing to the same problem. My datasource is an oracle database via DirectQuery. 

After loading all tables Power BI get freezed during connecting the tables. 

Still no solution for this issue? 

Edit: Forgot to mention --> I've installed the latest version. didn't help !