Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI desktop cannot find Gateway

Whenever I try to connect to my Gateway I get this message. 

Then strange thing is that with a new PBIX file which is trying to connect to the same Gateway with the same Odata URL, but with way less data, it works fine. 

Any experienced this before or knows why I get this 500 ??

Failed to load data sources. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID9fac3342-f979-4ed5-ab50-1b67389ace0c
Request ID16453104-b046-2d4e-3547-f10a8825a53a
Correlation ID0f174514-25a9-c129-371c-3df7327472e0
Status code500
TimeTue Mar 19 2019 15:46:21 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)
Version13.0.8730.162
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @absmila

Please open the report in Power BI desktop, increase the Timeout value for OData URL based on this document then republish to Power BI service test again. 

"Timeout : Specifying this value as a duration will change the timeout for an HTTP request. The default value is 600 seconds."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

absmila
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Thank you for the answer, do I need to add a timeout in the PowerQuery and for every single Query, or is there a place I can change the default value for all odata queries ?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @absmila

You need to open Query Editor in Power BI desktop, then select each query click on Advanced Editor to view whole Power  Query for each query, then add this timeout for OData.Feed(). 

Please back up the pbix file before you made the change to the report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

absmila
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Yeah thought so. I tried to do that. I've tried different timeout values ( 15 sec - 5min ), but it still gives me the same 500 error.

The thing is that with smaller datasets theres no problem - it finds the gateway.

But when I add more data to the dataset it gives me the error.