Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBI dataset refresh Error

I got the below error message when PowerBI service refreshes dataset. The file is located on Sharepoint. I followed instructions installing the 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine but it still doesn't work.

Data source error: DataSource.NotFound: <pii>Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.</pii>. . The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: ChASE WW NDP.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 2bfb97ca-2aa8-4f9f-b6af-56ed5a3f57cf
Request ID: c480b954-f9f9-4b6e-99bf-26520323a230
Time: 2021-12-03 05:42:29Z

Have you faced this issue like this when it works in Power BI Desktop and not work in Power BI Service when you connect to the excel file from SharePoint?

vyingjl_0-1638946958816.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

You can try other workarounds from this document if you have installed the same bit version of Power BI and Access Engine: Troubleshoot importing Access and Excel .xls files in Power BI Desktop 

Solution 3

If the error occurs when you attempt to open an .XLS file (an Excel 97-2003 workbook), you can avoid using the Access Database Engine by opening the .XLS file in Excel, and saving it as an XLSX file.

Solution 4

If the previous three solutions are not feasible, it's possible to install both versions of the Access Database Engine. However, this workaround isn't recommended. Although installing both versions will resolve this issue for Power Query for Excel and Power BI Desktop, it will introduce errors and issues for any application that automatically (by default) uses the bit-version of the Access Database Engine that was installed first.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Solution 3 is not an issue. I tried to install 32-bit version of the Access Database Engine but it's not installed on my pc. But, my issue occurs on Power BI Service (Premium Workspace). Is the Access Database Engine required for refreshing on Power BI Service? It works fine on Power BI Desktop but it failed once published.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Have you faced this issue like this when it works in Power BI Desktop and not work in Power BI Service when you connect to the excel file from SharePoint?

vyingjl_0-1638946958816.png

Best Regards,