Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI authentication issue "missing_federation_metadata_url"

I am using federated user account and registered on PowerBI.com and trying to embed the report into my web application using the same accoutn credentials.

When I use the sample app provided in Git hub, I facing the following error.

missing_federation_metadata_url: Federation Metadata Url is missing for federated user. This user type is unsupported.

Error.PNG

I have screenshared the issue with Microsoft Azure AD support team and they are also not able to resolve it. Kidnly look into this issue.

Comments
v-ljerr-msft
Employee

Hi @syam_v,

I have screenshared the issue with Microsoft Azure AD support team and they are also not able to resolve it. Kidnly look into this issue.

In this scenario, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on this issue. Smiley Happy

Regards

syam_v
Frequent Visitor

I am following up this issue with Microsoft support team. 

Pbi_Enthu
Regular Visitor

Syam_v,

Were you able to resolve the issue. As i am getting the same error, when using APP Owns Data app from github.

Appreciate your help.

syam_v
Frequent Visitor

@Pbi_Enthu,

As per Microsoft support team suggestion this has to be enabled on ADFS server. Please check with your infra team on this and add the federation meta data url using cmdlet.

Capture.PNG

I am waiting for my Infra team to respond on this. My infra team has to update this setting. I will share the update once I connect after this setting change.

Pbi_Enthu
Regular Visitor

Thanks @syam_v. Please update over here, as you get it resolved.

Appreciate it.