Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI UI Filter pane Scaling

I've noticed in the latest UI experience update the side bar filter pane scaling seems to be off, I’m not quite sure if the filter pane is scaling based on the page resolution or it has its own scaling capabilities.

I have my dashboard set to fir the screen, but it leaves the side filter pane too zoomed out to a point where I can read the fonts.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issue or if there is a fix to this?

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

exactly same issue for me, inPower bi desktop it is fine however in Power Bi services the filter pane is too small !

hereunder  screenshot.Filter Pane too small.jpg

Plz how to fix it

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

In my service, the filter pane looks good, as shown below.

1.PNG

How is your service UI look like? Please post a screenshot. Also, please try with a different web browser to see if problem persists.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to change the report page setting (Exp :Width: 2900 Height: 2300) , you will notice that the filter pane is stuck in default setting and not aligned with the page for this reason it is too small.

How to make it aligned with my customized page layout ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the April Power Bi desktop release, it becomes worst, now both in desktop and web the filter pane is too small.

I have increased the scaling of the filter pane to the max text size from 14 to 40 and width from 240 to 420.

Really disappointing for me and my dashboard users.Filter Pane too small After April update.jpg

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi

As mentioned in documentthe new Filters pane scales with the report page and visuals, so the report page and Filters pane stay in proportion with each other.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right ! so what's happening to my reports, is it a bug in Power Bi that Microsoft should fix it ?

kevhav
Continued Contributor

I think I'm having a related problem. When I use Power BI Desktop to increase the default width of the Filters pane...then publish to the Service...when I open the report in the Service, the font size in the Filters pane is greatly increased. It looks crazy.