Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI Service dates are in the wrong format.

I am pushing data into a dataset via the REST API, however all visuals show the dates in US format, as opposed to DD/MM/YYYY format which is what they should be. They are being presented correctly in the Json going in. Browser regional settings are UK, both in Chrome and Firefox. I can send them in as strings, but then they don't sort properly.

Comments
AlanBourke
Frequent Visitor

It appears my Power BI tenant is in the US. Also it appears this can't be changed, which is crazy.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AlanBourke,

Which visuals do you want to show dates in DD/MM/YYYY format? If it's slicer visual, you can set the browser language as English( United Kingdom). 

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

AlanBourke
Frequent Visitor

Hi

All visuals. But even a simple grid visual has the dates in US format. The browsers I'm using (Chrome, Firefox) only have one language installed and it is UK English.

I'm assuming it's because the tenant is on a US server, and since my PowerBI access is via an MSDN subscription provided by work, I have no control over that. But this shouldn't depend on where the tenant is.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AlanBourke,

I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will back once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

AlanBourke
Frequent Visitor

OK thanks.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AlanBourke,

I confirmed that the data model created by PBI rest API is based on the US (English) and currently it's not possible to change it. You can post your feedback in Ideas forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

AlanBourke
Frequent Visitor

OK thanks.