Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI Service: PDF/Powerpoint with not export Current Values.

When attempting to export to Powerpoint/PDF with Current Values  , pdf/PP with default values is exported

Hi @carlol ,

Thanks for the waiting! Product group has confirmed it is a bug with export to pdf, and they have created a tracking bug to fix it. Currently, they haven't provided expected available time of the fix. Once they provide this kind of info, I will post here. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
carlol
Helper IV

@v-cazheng-msft,

Any update, still not fixed

C4YNelis
Advocate II

Hi @carlol,

for us, the export to PDF started working again like intended on its own. Hopefully it stays this way, however, seeing how you already wrote it was intermittent I fear the worst. I personally haven't changed anything since.

Just to let you know.

Cheers,

Niels

carlol
Helper IV

Still not working as today , Testers flaging as a bug 

I can still repo the bug , only illustrating default values and not current selection when choosen 

carlol
Helper IV

@v-cazheng-msft 

Any update on progress thanks

carlol
Helper IV

@v-cazheng-msft 

Any update on progress thanks

abelb

Hey,

I have faced the same issue, for me the solution was to change slicer type.

I used chiclet slicer 1.6.3. with this slicer i couldnt export current values it only exported default values.

I changed the slicer to the basic power BI slicer and now I can export current values perfectly fine.

Hope this helps to others as well.

carlol
Helper IV

@abelb 

Thanks , I will take a look 

C4YNelis
Advocate II

Hi @abelb ,

I can confirm that I also use the Chiclet slicer (1.6.3), which probably is an indicator, however, for us, it works at the moment (and I still use the same Chiclet slicers in the report).

Cheers,

Niels

carlol
Helper IV

I am using 

Name: Hierarchical Filter - xViz

Publisher: Visual BI Solutions

Version: 1.1.4

Name: Tile Search Slicer by TME AG

Publisher: TME AG 

Version: 1.1.0.0

I have reverted to the Microsft Slicer on one of the Dashboards for testing

C4YNelis
Advocate II

Just a little update from my side.

the exporting problem reappeared for us (it was gone for a while) and while investigating I noticed that in a recent update I had accidentally synced a Chiclet slicer with regular slicers (they shared the same groupname). This was after I first inserted a regular slicer (synced it) and then afterwards converted the visible slicer to a chiclet slicer (effectively not changing the hidden synced copies on the other pages). The appearent sync remained however according to Power BI Desktop (it showed they were synced in the "sync slicers" pane), it just didn't work.

It's may not be very surprising the slicer synchronisation didn't work, no matter what I tried, until I converted the Chiclet slicer back to a regular slicer.

The side-effect was that after changing this, I was also again able to export with current values.

So in short, I have Chiclet slicers in reports that export just fine (as PDF) with actual values (so it is possible), however, don't convert a synced regular slicer to a Chiclet slicer, if you want things to work.

Cheers