Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBI Report page blank unless I reset to default

Last week the report was working fine, now I have to hit reset to default to get it to appear, otherwise the entire report page is blank.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had this same issue and seem to have solved it. The problem is not browser specific or computer specific, but it seemed to affect only certain users. To fix the white page that only "reset to default" solves on each open, we unpublished the app, the republished the workbook to the PBI workspace. Then we republished the app, giving it a new app id. Seems to be working organization wide now. Good luck and I hope this helps some of you all.

chross
Advocate III

@Anonymous Thank you for the feedback.  The problem is happening on dozens of reports that were published many many months ago and to all users. We tested a few different scenarios yesterday as well, between unpublishing apps and then republishing them.  We have removed reports from the workspace and then republished them. Up until yesterday we have been up and running without any issue.  And now whatever change was recently pushed through whether it was to the Dynamic 365 Tenant or PBI Service directly has us in this predicament.  If you read this thread and other threads by other organizations we are all in the same boat.  

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I found the same issue reported internally: CRI 162571337. Please un pin all the custom visuals that are not used in the report and republish the file and see if the issue reproduces. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

chross
Advocate III

@v-qiuyu-msft We have an open ticket with Microsoft and your solution to unpin unused customers visuals, blah blah blah does not pertain to this. You should talk to your colleagues on this issue we are all talking about because this didn't just happen by chance when we never experienced the reset to default issue on any of our reports until the last few days. The product team is working on fixing it, testing it. Our ticket is classified as a Case A in severity!

jasiekkal
Advocate I

I have same issue. UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. US. please help! What Can I do?

Users don't want to click on the Reset to default button, I think this is a bug, it didn't happen before.

FibaBI2019
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

In Turkey, we have got the same problem.

chross
Advocate III

According to the support team we have been working with on this issue said they would be deploying a fix to Production today (Monday morning), but we have yet to see that yet.  I'm not sure how this change will impact you guys that are in other countries/regions around the world that are also experiencing this. Let's hope this is all resolved soon as we don't want our users to lose faith in us due to a problem that is out of our control!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chross Thank You for your help. Let us know any update. I appreciate it!