Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI Report Hyerplinks in Word/Excel not working

Currently I'm finding that when hyperlinks are created in word or excel and click they bring you to the following sign in page rather than the report that the link specifies. Note that when you sign in below you are brought to your PowerBI Service Homepage rather than the report.

stecollis_0-1611328638379.jpeg

When you copy the link manually and paste it into your web browswer it direct to the correct report.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@stecollis 

That seems to work fine for me. You may follow right-click on the link > Edit Hyperlink > Address to have a check.

stecollis
Frequent Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft  

The hyperlink is correct as when you copy and paste it from the Edit Hyperlink window and paste it into the web browser manually it works.

I noticed recently that the hyperlinks automatically populate with a more readable title rather than the link string so I'm wonder is that related to the issue. What is strange however is when you paste the same link into outlook and click on it from there it works so the issue I'm seeing is linked to word and excel.