Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI Desktop hangs when adding a calculated measure with a name that already exists

When adding a calculated measure with the same name as an already existing calculated measure, the following message is returned:
Error PowerBI.png
PowerBI Desktop hangs and the user is no longer able to do something with the PowerBI file. The user has to force a shutdown of the PBIX file, loosing unsaved work.

Comments
MichaelDoig
Advocate I

I experience the same as EC1979. I was unaware of the little trick to focus and press Enter, which indeed made the dialogue go away. Power BI desktop, though, is still completely unresponsive. 

J_Swetik
Regular Visitor
Do you have still this problem? I installed the September Version for Power BI Desktop and it worked again.
MichaelDoig
Advocate I

Hi @J_Swetik - did you downgrade to September version from October? We're on October. 

I find force quitting the application, then opening, adding one measure, saving, adding a second measure - it hangs so I force quit... I rinse and repeat this ghastly process 🙄

J_Swetik
Regular Visitor
No I'm working also on October version now. This bug should be fixed since the September version. Hope your file is not corrupted!
J_Swetik
Regular Visitor
@MichaelDoig Ok today I installed also October version and now I can't see my measures. So there is again a bug in the October version. September was stable.