Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI App: Tooltip for Visualizations do not show while maximized on all displays

Normally, hovering the mouse over a visualization icon (e.g. "Pie chart" or "Scatter chart") will display a tooltip describing the icon/visualization.  However, on a 4k display, if the Power BI window is maximized, this tooltip will not display. 

The problem seems to present when the icons are positioned in the right-quarter of the 4k display, such as when the window is maximized.  If it is not maximized, and the window is positioned on the left three-quarters of the display, then the tooltips will display again.

The tooltips always work when the app is shown on my lower resolution monitor.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@johndog

Could you please provide screenshot while issue repro and your screen model here?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

johndog
Employee

pbix-screenshot.png

johndog
Employee

Dell P2415Q on the left, a 24" portrait rotated monitor on the right.

The screenshot doesn't show it, but the mouse was hovering over one of the visualization icons, with no tooltip.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@johndog

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team to look into it: CRI 32225538

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Investigating

lizhe

@johndogif you have multiple monitors, can you check the other monitors carefully and see if the visualisation tooltip actually displays in another screen (near its edge). This happened to me before.

johndog
Employee

I was checking the other monitors carefully, the screenshot is accurate in that regard.  It just doesn't show the mouse pointer.