Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power bi desktop connection to microsoft azure consumption data for only selected months

Hi,

I have connected to microsoft azure consumption insights and given below  power query to load usgaedetails table.

let enrollmentNumber = "100", optionalParameters = [ numberOfMonth = 36, dataType="DetailCharges" ], UsageDetails = MicrosoftAzureConsumptionInsights.Contents(enrollmentNumber, optionalParameters) in UsageDetails

But What I need is instaed of loading 36 months data I want load only particular time period data like date between 1-jan-2018 to 31-jan-2018. Is there any way to laod data for particular time period by using dates between function insatead of numberofMonth in power query.

Thanks

Praneeth

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, we can't pass specific start date and end date when using Azure Consumption Insights connector: 

"

• To define the number of months starting from the current date, use numberOfMonth
    • Use a value between one and 36 to represent the number of months, from the current date, you want to import. We recommend getting no more than 12 months of data to avoid thresholds with import constraints and the volume of data allowed for queries in Power BI.
  • To define a period of months in a historical time window, use startBillingDataWindow and endBillingDataWindow
  • Do not use numberOfMonth together with startBillingDataWindow or endBillingDataWindow

"

For your requirement, you can vote this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/31789378-date-selection-for-the-azure-consumption-insights

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have enrollment number 7******8 and used same in below query for last 36 month data for usage detaisl table. But it extracting data from 01-MAR-2016 to 31-JUL-2018 and missing last remaining months data. I want to know reason why it not retrieving data from AUG-2018 to current date. Please check it once.

let enrollmentNumber = "7******8 ", optionalParameters = [ numberOfMonth = 36, dataType="DetailCharges" ], UsageDetails = MicrosoftAzureConsumptionInsights.Contents(enrollmentNumber, optionalParameters) in UsageDetails

Thanks

Praneeth

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have enrollment number 7******8 and used same in below query for last 36 month data for usage detaisl table. But it extracting data from 01-MAR-2016 to 31-JUL-2018 and missing last remaining months data. I want to know reason why it not retrieving data from AUG-2018 to current date. Please check it once.

let enrollmentNumber = "7******8 ", optionalParameters = [ numberOfMonth = 36, dataType="DetailCharges" ], UsageDetails = MicrosoftAzureConsumptionInsights.Contents(enrollmentNumber, optionalParameters) in UsageDetails

Thanks

Praneeth