cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power bi Service is slow

Does the speed of Power BI depends on your location ? 

I did not think so but I am experiencing a lot of trouble with Power BI Service since I arrived in Mauritius earlier this week. 

My internet connection is great here (>50MB per sec). I can download a full YT 1080HD video in a few seconds. 

But on the Power BI Service, OMG everything is so slow ! For example, when I click on a workspace, it can take around 20 seconds just to see the elements of the workspace !
I work for many accounts in central europe, western europe and none of my clients are experiencing these issues. I am the only one. And one week ago, when I was in France, I was not experiencing these issues, even if I had a slower internet connection. 

Is it related to my location in Mauritius ? Is the performance of Power BI Service different depending on your location ? 

Thanks for your help !

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

As far as I’m concerned, the performance of your Power BI service is a bit influenced by the distance from the tenant region of your Power BI service and your actual region. You can find the tenant region of your Power BI service here:

vrobertqmsft_0-1634193606924.png

vrobertqmsft_1-1634193606927.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-where-is-my-tenant-located

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating