Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power bi Service is slow

Does the speed of Power BI depends on your location ? 

I did not think so but I am experiencing a lot of trouble with Power BI Service since I arrived in Mauritius earlier this week. 

My internet connection is great here (>50MB per sec). I can download a full YT 1080HD video in a few seconds. 

But on the Power BI Service, OMG everything is so slow ! For example, when I click on a workspace, it can take around 20 seconds just to see the elements of the workspace !
I work for many accounts in central europe, western europe and none of my clients are experiencing these issues. I am the only one. And one week ago, when I was in France, I was not experiencing these issues, even if I had a slower internet connection. 

Is it related to my location in Mauritius ? Is the performance of Power BI Service different depending on your location ? 

Thanks for your help !

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

As far as I’m concerned, the performance of your Power BI service is a bit influenced by the distance from the tenant region of your Power BI service and your actual region. You can find the tenant region of your Power BI service here:

vrobertqmsft_0-1634193606924.png

vrobertqmsft_1-1634193606927.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-where-is-my-tenant-located

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating