Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power bi Desktop signs out when saving and locks up when trying to publish

I though this was fixed in the last release and seemed to stopped happening after I downloaded the newest version. Now it is back and is a complete pain to deal with. Please fix this issue. Sign in issue_Ink_LI.jpg

Comments
DaveRuijter
Advocate II

Same thing here and at all my customers I work with.

It's kinda annoying :).

DaveRuijter
Advocate II

I see this issue has been posted before, and there is a fix in the current download of PBI Dekstop!

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Desktop-January-2017-Login-popup-blocked/idc-p/1206...

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been posted and was a problem with the January desktop release. MS did a hotfix and rereleased desktop a few days later. I have downloaded the newest version and still have the issue. What is different is the sign out seems to occur after a period of time now, not immediately as before. If you change accounts before publishing each time you will prevent it. That sucks as a solution but not as bad as reloading your report.

smithnb
Advocate I

I have this same issue... 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Please help check your PBI Desktop version is 2.42.4611.901 64-bit (January 2017). I left the PBI Desktop application idle more than an hour and tried to publish to Service, I cannot repro the issue with several attempts.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

prabhupan
Helper I

Same issue with me too.

sd.png

Jasper
Advocate I

Sometimes it locks up when publishing (when not signed in at the start). I don't have the save & close issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-haibl-msft I checked my version and it was running 2.42.4611.701 64-bit (January 2017) instead of 2.42.4611.901 64-bit (January 2017). Regarding the trigger for the above issue, it was occurring when multiple sessions were open at the same time or when I opened an older report to edit and publish. The screen would indicate I was logged in but upon clicking publish it would trigger the error.

I am downloading and installing the latest version now. I will give an update if this corrects the issue. Interesting I did not get the usual notification that a newer version existed. That has always been my trigger to update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue