Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power bi Data set not getting refreshed after power BI data flow is renamed

I am  using DataFlow in powerbi. This dataflow was created (eg TestDW) pointing to on-premise sql server Database. But now I have created new dataflow pointing to azure similar to on premise(eg TestDW_new).

I already have DataModel build on powerBI desktop using this dataflow.

The problem occurred when I renamed this dataflow. I have interchanged the name from TestDW to TestDW_new and TestDW_new to TestDW.

I did this because I do not want to recreate the model from scratch. But now the Data model is getting refreshed without error but latest data in not getting pulled inside the model(Powerbi Destop model) .

I checked in dataflow which is renamed and I can see the latest data.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kumarm

Please ensure the dataflow TestDW is refreshed successfully, then click on Refresh button in Power BI desktop. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

kumarm
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I did that but still it didnot work.

I tried to edit the table using advance editor.Inside this I saw dataflowid.This dataflowid is unique for every dataflow created in powerbi.Though I changed the name of the dataflow but the dataflowId remains same insde the powerbi desktop where I created the model.

I tried to import this dataflow in new powerbi desktop and got the new dataflowid but the name reamians the same for this dataflow.

Now I replace this dataflowid to my powerbi desktop model and it start refreshing the new data inside this model.

Thanks

Manoj