cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power bi Data set not getting refreshed after power BI data flow is renamed

I am  using DataFlow in powerbi. This dataflow was created (eg TestDW) pointing to on-premise sql server Database. But now I have created new dataflow pointing to azure similar to on premise(eg TestDW_new).

I already have DataModel build on powerBI desktop using this dataflow.

The problem occurred when I renamed this dataflow. I have interchanged the name from TestDW to TestDW_new and TestDW_new to TestDW.

I did this because I do not want to recreate the model from scratch. But now the Data model is getting refreshed without error but latest data in not getting pulled inside the model(Powerbi Destop model) .

I checked in dataflow which is renamed and I can see the latest data.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kumarm

Please ensure the dataflow TestDW is refreshed successfully, then click on Refresh button in Power BI desktop. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

kumarm
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I did that but still it didnot work.

I tried to edit the table using advance editor.Inside this I saw dataflowid.This dataflowid is unique for every dataflow created in powerbi.Though I changed the name of the dataflow but the dataflowId remains same insde the powerbi desktop where I created the model.

I tried to import this dataflow in new powerbi desktop and got the new dataflowid but the name reamians the same for this dataflow.

Now I replace this dataflowid to my powerbi desktop model and it start refreshing the new data inside this model.

Thanks

Manoj