Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Query UI not working in the last January release (2.54.4970.961)

I have updated my Power BI Desktop to the last january release (2.54.4970.961) and the UI for Power Query is not working properly. 

Every time I try to modify a query through the UI, the pop up window opens correctly but when changing any value, it starts flickering between the old value and the one I'm trying to modify. 

If you ignore what the visual is showing, the change works. Therefore, the functionality works fine, it's a displaying problem.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Vaillo,

There is a new version released in 5 Feb 2018. Please download and try again.

How can I reproduce it?

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Vaillo
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

I have downloaded the February release and the problem is still there. However, it seems that the flickering now stops when clicking outside of the modificable parts of the dialog box (tick boxes or text input fields) what makes the problem less annoyable.

I have installed the same Power BI Desktop version in other computers with the same OS (Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1) and it works fine, so I am guessing that maybe the problem is related with my current PC performance; although it wasn't there before and it doesn't happen with older versions of PBI.

The specs of my computer are:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30 GHz

RAM: 8Gb

System type: 64-bit

Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 7470

Not sure if with that you could reproduce the problem. It's happening only when trying to modify an old step in a query. The same dialog box for a new step works fine. 

I was trying to record the screen, but the issue only happens when the program has the focus. Recording the screen takes the main focus away of the program and the flickering is not happening. Therefore, I again reckon it's a displaying problem. 

Hope this helps to identify the problem. I though it was going to be more people with the same issue, though; seems it's a weird bug.