Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power Platform Solution Integration - Can't move between environments

Issue 1: After restoring an environment, unable to manually add existing Power BI Reports/Datasets nor import via a solution. (Cannot establish the Power BI environment workspace).

Issue 2: Similar.  For a second environment that already has a BI Environment Workspace, cannot import a solution that has Power BI Reports/Datasets.  Recieve a timeout message for this tiny solution import stating "Import Failed: Long running operation importpackages didn't complete within allotted time 00:01:00)

Context: 

1. This feature is fantastic and a more desireable approach than converting BI reports to dashboards.  

2. I have moved Reports/Datasets between environments once successfully.  However those objects had no dependencies (it was a quick test).

3. I openned a support ticket on this however support won't touch it because it is a preview feature.  I asked them to send it on to the feature team but doubt that will happen.  

Hi @DirkPitt 

Maybe you can put your needs to Ideas Forum . If a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @DirkPitt 

Maybe you can put your needs to Ideas Forum . If a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

DirkPitt

As stated, this is an existing preview feature that is not working Ailsa.  This is an attempt to get the product team's attention to address the issues before it comes out of preview.