Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power KPI Matrix not possible to upload to organizational custom visual store

The custom visual Power KPI Matrix (https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380814?tab=Overview) which is developed by Microsoft is not possible to upload to the organizational custom visual store. The error message is "Legacy Visuals are not supported." Uploading other visuals like the Chiclet Slicer, Word Cloud or Bullet Chart by OKViz was no problem.

When my resaerch was correct, this is because an old Power BI API is used in this custom visual (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Issues-with-Microsoft-Visuals-in-Organization-Visual-librar...). When we need to ask our customers to rebuilt their reports because of Microsoft not supporting their own published custom visuals, this would be a terrible argument to use Power BI.

As we need to shut down the usage of custom visuals, besides certified visuals from the organizational store, this is an urgent topic for us.

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Bastian_B,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 76248019. Will post back once I get any updates.
Regards,
Lydia

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Bastian_B,

I got information from PG, this is by design. We do not support the upload of "Legacy Visuals" in Organization store

Regards,
Lydia

Bastian_B
Frequent Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft,

Hi,

I understood, that this is the reason why we can't upload the Custom visual. My question is, if the Power KPI Matrix will be updated with the new Power BI API, so that it is not a Legacy Visual anymore. As Microsoft is the developer of this Custom Visual you should be able to answer that.

If this will not happen, I need to tell my customer that they can't use this visual, even if it is developed by Microsoft. As it is quite powerfull, a bad argument for Power BI when not even the Microsoft Custom Visuals are working in the Organizational Store.

BR,

Bastian

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Bastian_B,

I have consulted internally, will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Bastian_B,

I got the following response from PG:

ETA for updated version of the Power KPI Matrix custom visual is mid next year.

Regards,
Lydia

Bastian_B
Frequent Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft So the Power KPI Matrix can not be used. Not a good information, but at least we know now.

BR,

Bastian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, this is pretty crappy microsoft...if you are going to publish custom visuals, keep them updated. All the other developers seem to be able to do this?

Also, if the custom visuals are not going to work as organizational visuals because they are legacy, you should clearly indicate that in the Marketplace. So that people don't spend a ton of time building reports with them only to have the reports fail when uploaded to the PBI service.

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft 

Any updates on this issue? Do you have a release date for the updated version. 

Thanks. 

Erick 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erick,

with the new custom visuals security policies, it's possible now to allow users to only use "certified" custom visuals without having to resort to organizational visuals. This works for us because legacy visuals CAN be used this way.

Will it help you?

Thanks,

Scott