Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Bi and Teams

When a Power Bi Report is added to a tab in Teams, it does not save any of the selections made to the report when swiching between tabs in Teams.

Scenario:

User is viewing a PBi report in a Teams tab. User selects items from a slicer or the filter pane. User then selects another tab in Teams. Then goes back to the Power Bi tab in Teams and the previously selected items are gone. The report obviously defaults back to the original report which is saved to the Web Service.

Why aren't the selections/filters "sticky" like they are in the Web Service? Will that change so the slections/filters are "sticky" in the Teams view of Power Bi?

Thanks,

Keith

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@krshaffer ,

I can reproduce this issue and have reported this issue internally, the ICM number is 125290532, will update here once I get any info.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@krshaffer ,

Have received reply from PG:

Switching Tabs in Teams looks like it is loading a different report, so each time the report loads it loads in the Saved state. I wouldn't expect slicer changes to be saved in this read-only mode. Likely by design, but please check with Teams who owns this feature. Perhaps "persistent filters" should be kicking in, but that depends on if the report is being viewed in Embed as anonymous user or logged in user, if the navigate-away event fires, and the if the report has this setting enabled. If they think Persistent Filters should work per-user, then this should go to Power BI SaaS for help.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao