Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power Bi Pro license not following

I started having an issue today that our companies PBI Pro license if not following us to to sharewithme workspaces for other ctid's. When checking my PBI I see it as tempsnip.jpg and when looking in AD see them as active.Capture.PNG.

Has something changed?

Comments
Alexandre
Regular Visitor

Same here.

We opened a Power BI support ticket about this issue.

Turns out this is a known issue but not published yet. A fix was identified and will be deployed on June 11th for our tenant.

No workaround is known at this time but hopefully one will be found and published as a 10-day wait is extremely long for such a basic and major issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Alexanre. I reached out to MS and was told the same thing. They told me to just select the 60 pro trial so I could still access the shared workspaces until the 11th when an update is pushed out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're facing the similar issues as well. We no longer have Pro access to external workspace but if we check the license within our AAD, it is reflected as Pro correctly.   

I hope Microsoft will look into this issue as soon as possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same Issue.
And our customer can't used pro trial  .... it doesn't work .... how to work around ??

Help !

Thanks

Alexandre
Regular Visitor

The issue is now acknowledged on Power BI support front page (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/) with a June 7th fix ETA.

What is not clear is whether it affects only the bring your own licence model (our case) or also Power BI Pro licences assigned to guest users in the guest tenant.

Anyone having issues with the latter?

kcantor
Community Champion

The issue on the support site: Power BI Pro customers trying to access externally shared content from a different Tenant may encounter a message asking to “Upgrade to Power BI Pro”. Engineers have identified the root cause and ETA for a fix is end-of-day 06/07/2020.

This is not exactly the problem I am having as there are no messages about upgrading. I have created a ticket with Microsoft and a separate issue thread here.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/External-Pro-License-users-losing-access-to-reports-shared-w...