Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Bi Preview - Page name is not showing

Hi All,

I am facing problem while adding Power BI report URL in a modern page in SharePoint Online. 

Steps:

1. My tennat is set to First Release for everyone.

2. Same user has access (Admin role) to Power BI report and SharePoint site.

3. Created a modern page and added a Power Bi preview webpart into it.

4. After providing the report URL in the "Power BI report link", Page Name Dropdown is not populating automatically.

5. Even if, I have published the webpart, but report is not showing up while browsing.

PowerBIError.PNG

Can you please suggest me, what could be the reason of this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exact same problem for us !

It used to work but now we cannot embed into SPO anymore.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@arunkumar@Anonymous I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Does Power BI acocunt have Pro license? Are the account used in Power BI report and SharePoint page same one? Please use Fiddler to capture http(s) traffic and share .saz file with us.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Turns out our O365 admin was playing with the Azure AD groups and PBI Pro license assignments at the time.

Now it works OK.

Regards,

arunkumar

Hi Qiuyun,

I got the exact problem. In Power BI, Pro licensed has been assigned but in SharePoint, the Free version of Power BI License was assigned to the same user. Once I Switch the license from Free to Pro version in SharePoint, reports are started working fine.

Thanks