Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Bi Matrix Visual Changes Value Color and Background when Publishing to on-premise server

I am working on a Power Bi Desktop app (May 2022). When I am publishing a report to the on-premise server, the color of the values and sub-totals change in the matrix visual when the report is opened on the on-premise server(May 2022). How can I troubleshoot this problem so that the color of the values in the matrix visual remains the same as the color in the Power Bi Desktop app?

Hi @Herschelle ,

Failed ro reproduce your problem , would you mind providing more information so we can better help you?
For example, show some descriptions of the images (please be careful to hide sensitive information).

Also.please make sure that you have no custom theme in this report.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Herschelle ,

Failed ro reproduce your problem , would you mind providing more information so we can better help you?
For example, show some descriptions of the images (please be careful to hide sensitive information).

Also.please make sure that you have no custom theme in this report.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

emuraoka
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft,
We are seeing the same issue as @Herschelle, our main problem is with Grand Totals (column and row) custom background colour being ignored when published to the report server (also on May 2022), it uses the colour set for the chosen style (default, minimal, alternating rows, etc), when the style is set to none and colour is applied to the grand totals background, still doesn't show on the report server.
This is how it looks on the desktop app:

emuraoka_0-1703182396134.png 
and this is how it looks when published to the report server (on-prem):

emuraoka_1-1703182487962.png

The issue is not present when publishing to Power BI service.
I hope that's enough info for you to be able to replicate the issue.

Cheers,

Eduardo

emuraoka
Frequent Visitor

Managed to fix our issue by adding the following properties to the theme template JSON

"visualStyles": {
		"pivotTable": {
			"*": {
				"columnHeaders": [{
					"backColor": { "solid": { "color": "#CCCCCC"}}
				}],
				"rowHeaders": [{
				}],
				"total": [{
				}]