Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Bi Desktop Error Message: Each original name must belong to the set of all names.

I've never seen that error message before - just loaded a bunch of tables as usual 😕

For sure I will retry. Just wanted to report it here.

FrankPreusker_1-1627075898826.png

Comments
chrisbaker
Advocate II

Same issue, version :

edhans
Super User

Correct @Anonymous - support is only for those with a pro license, but who would be seeing this error in Power BI desktop that doesn't have a pro license, unless you are just publishing to My Workspace?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, at the moment I'm just publishing to My Workspace. Will go to a Pro license later in the project, so I can't provide any sample pbix file, unless there is another way to provide it.

eykanayama
Regular Visitor

Experienced the same problem.

eykanayama_0-1627852639413.png

PBI_Lurin
Frequent Visitor

Had the same problem, I fixed it by checking " Enable load to report" & "Included in report refresh" for the secondary tables that were used by my main table. Then refresh the view, after that I disabled these features again

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@FrankPreusker 

I can repoduce the same error message. The issue is reported internally and I will keep you posted with any updates.

CRI 254183486

chrisbind
Regular Visitor

Great example of where an undo button, or better yet, some kind of internal version control, would do wonders in Power Query. These standard features severely holds back Power Query as a contemporary modelling tool.

I can choose to either lose half a day's work or wait for the (hot)fix...

pedroccamaraDBI
Post Partisan

Guys,

I had the same issue.
I believe it was because i've change the name of my table in the new version. So, i rename again to the previous name and it worked after i refresh it. Now i can rename it again.
Best of luck to you all

Pedro

kbt22

Confirming that the solution recommended by @PBI_Lurin worked for me.

Specifically, I am working in Power BI Desktop, and I went through and re-enable all of my disabled queries.  I then closed Power Query Editor and let a full refresh run through without having the same "Each original name..." error.  I think went back to Power Query editor and disabled the same reports and closed again, and again I did not receive the error.  

Hope this helps!

Tom_Morris
Frequent Visitor

I solved this error message by copying all the related queries, pasting in the query editor of a new blank pbix file, then deleting them from the orginal pbix, copying again from the new one, and pasting back to the original.