Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Power Bi Can't Refresh when Non-Owner Non-Gateway

We recently started getting the below error when someone who does not own the workspace tries to refresh a dataset with only cloud sources.  The person can take over the dataset to be able to refresh (but that's not feasible for us) or I can add an on-premise source in order to use the gateway (but that's really annoying and pointless).  Can someone help?

The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Comments
leahschneider
Helper III

We recently started getting the below error when someone who does not own the workspace tries to refresh a dataset with only cloud sources.  The person can take over the dataset to be able to refresh (but that's not feasible for us) or I can add an on-premise source in order to use the gateway (but that's really annoying and pointless).  Can someone help?

The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@leahschneider ,

This is a known issue which has been reported internally: CRI 107860631. A bug has been created to track this issue.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

leahschneider
Helper III

Is there a fix coming at some point?  Also this is a new issue.  All my users could refresh all reports several weeks ago.

jweave98
Frequent Visitor

We are having the exact same problem this week. I opened a ticket with support but still waiting to hear back, were you able to get this resolved?

leahschneider
Helper III

@jweave98  I posted this: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-Bi-Can-t-Refresh-when-Non-Owner-Non-Gateway/idc-p/6479... which got a reply.  Not really helpful, just that it's a bug.  I'll try to follow up with support for additional information and I'll post it.

jweave98
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! I didnt see that. Glad to know I'm not the only one, its not the end of the world because schedule refreshes work but still annoying none the less for some picky directors having to wait for the scheduled refresh -_-

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Experiencing the same issue as well. Any ETA on when this may be fixed?

Cheers,

Kay

gabrielaPP
Regular Visitor

We are having the same problem at here, since a month ago.
It's been a huge headache. 

Any update? 

Thanks.