Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Blaine_Bond
Frequent Visitor

Power BI shows tomorrow's date today in filter

Hello,

When I go to the relative date filter and filter by date and press "include today" it shows tomorrow's date. See below. The actual day was 10/29/2019 and Power BI thought that today was the following day. I've looked around in the settings and do not see where I can overrule this. I have auto date/time selected and my computer acknowledges the correct date, 10/29. 

Where can I change this setting? Or how should I overcome this issue? 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Date.png

time.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Blaine_Bond ,

I think you've misunderstand the meaning of "the last XXX days", it means the last XXX days from today(real date), not the last XXX days from the last date in your date columns.

If you need to achieve the last XXX days from the last date in date column, you can use "TOPN", then drag the date column to the field and select "the lastest date" like below:

1.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Obermuller
Regular Visitor

I am also seeing this issue. It is 10:50PM Central time 5/19/2023 and the slicer is showing 5/20/2023 when I have the is in this day selected.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Blaine_Bond ,

I think you've misunderstand the meaning of "the last XXX days", it means the last XXX days from today(real date), not the last XXX days from the last date in your date columns.

If you need to achieve the last XXX days from the last date in date column, you can use "TOPN", then drag the date column to the field and select "the lastest date" like below:

1.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blaine_Bond 

Hi,

I do hav ethe same issue, when I use the "Relative date" and select the value "is in this day",  the fillter is showing up tomorrow's date. In my case today is  3/13/2020 and it's showing 3/14/2020.

Relative Date.PNG

Any idea on this....please help.

Did you solve the issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.