Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI service dataset refresh failure: SAP HANA invalid credentials

One of my datasets uses SAP HANA as one of the data sources, and I can't refresh the dataset online (Power BI service) since yesterday.

Neither manual nor scheduled refresh works.

Before anyone tells me I may have a problem with installed credentials, I'd like to say that the same SAP HANA query does work in a dataflow, which uses the same gateway. It also works in Power BI Desktop on the same machine.

Therefore, it appears to be an issue with Power BI service dataset. Full error message below:

Last refresh failed: Wed Dec 19 2018 10:00:31 GMT+1100 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) 
Invalid connection credentials.

Underlying error code:-2147467259 Table: ***********.
Underlying error message:[SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] Communication link failure;-10709 Connection failed (RTE:[300012] Cannot create SSL engine: The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted. (*************************))
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind:SapHana
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath:*************************
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason:EncryptedConnectionFailed
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:[{"kind":"SapHana","path":"*************************"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:EncryptedConnectionFailed
Cluster URI:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:edd698a5-53c9-491e-85cb-51109f3cc192
Request ID:a53f5eb3-bfde-47ed-be0c-6fb894aa34e6
Time:2018-12-18 23:00:31Z
Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Daniil ,

I got response from PG:

This behavior is by design.

Regards,