Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI report with pinned excel selection not working properly

Hi experts,

I am facing a problem with regards to reports containing pinned selection from excel uploaded files.

Problem 1 : The pinned section is not displayed properly on the reports instead it's blank white squares

Problem 2 : When clicking on the pinned section of the report, it redirects the user to workspace menu.

Is there any resolution or alternative to these issues?

Kind Regards,

Pravesh.

Hi @PRAVESH_E ,

The problem 2 is by design, if you click on the pinned Excel ranges/entire table to a dashboard, you will be brought back to the original Workbook.

For the first question, if you try these steps, will you see the data properly.

1 Refresh your browser page and refresh the dashboard

vcazhengmsft_0-1657180908351.png

2 Try other browsers

3 Refresh your workbook

4 Re-pin it to dashboard

How to pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from Excel - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @PRAVESH_E ,

The problem 2 is by design, if you click on the pinned Excel ranges/entire table to a dashboard, you will be brought back to the original Workbook.

For the first question, if you try these steps, will you see the data properly.

1 Refresh your browser page and refresh the dashboard

vcazhengmsft_0-1657180908351.png

2 Try other browsers

3 Refresh your workbook

4 Re-pin it to dashboard

How to pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from Excel - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

PRAVESH_E
Regular Visitor

Hi Community Support Team _ Caiyun ,

Thank you for this quick response. Yes i have tried all the mentionned steps before. It still is not working.

I have pinned only few cells on the dashboard , it's not an entier table. Re-pinning it to the dashboard does not work when it's saved.

Kind Regards,

Pravesh.