Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI report page unresponsive error

Hi,

After I upgrade PowerBI Desktop with April release, I can not use PowerBI reports on App workspace. When I try to change a report filter  on the filter panel, the report page freezes and the error below came accross on the page. Also tooltips freezes and does not being updated by selected filter.

"Page unresponsive. You can wait it to become responsive or exit the page"

Do you any comment about this issue?

Kindest

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @FibaBI2019

Please clarify with this sentence "I can not use PowerBI reports on App workspace. ". 

Do you mean you download the report from Power BI service app workspace then opened it in Power BI desktop? Please check if the issue happens to this specific report or all reports. 

As you mentioned the issue occurs when you "change a report filter on the filter panel", do you use the new filter panel or old filter panel? 

Regarding "Also tooltips freezes and does not being updated by selected filter.", do you use the report page tooltip or default tooltip?

It would be better if you could share a pbix file with some dummy data for us to test on our side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

FibaBI2019
Regular Visitor

The report is successfully works on Power BI desktop but after publishing it on the Power BI service app workspace, we came accross the problem I mentioned before. The problem happens when we try to use this report, others work perfect.

We use new filter panel in the report. Additionaly, Ultimate KPI Card visual is being used both in some of the Report pages and page tooltips. Removing that visual did not solve the problem. We use report page tooltip on the report, default tooltips work correct.

Power bi desktop version is 2.68.5432.661 64-bit (April 2019). The report has live connection to the SSAS Tabular model, is there any way to share the report with live connection, please comment to us. One more info about the issue; this report is published to three PowerBI Pro user. Two of them have problem about using the report, but one user manages to use the report correctly. All users’ security rights, licence types, web browser types are same.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

FibaBI2019

FibaBI2019
Regular Visitor

The report is successfully works on Power BI desktop but after publishing it on the Power BI service app workspace, we came accross the problem I mentioned before.

The problem happens when we try to use this report, others work perfect.

We use new filter panel in the report. Additionaly, Ultimate KPI Card visual is being used both in some of the Report pages and page tooltips. Removing that visual did not solve the problem.

We use report page tooltip on the report, default tooltips work correct.

Power bi desktop version is 2.68.5432.661 64-bit (April 2019). The report has live connection to the SSAS Tabular model, is there any way to share the report with live connection, please comment to us.

One more info about the issue; this report is published to three PowerBI Pro user. Two of them have problem about using the report, but one user manages to use the report correctly. All users’ security rights, licence types, web browser types are same.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

FibaBI2019

FibaBI2019
Regular Visitor

The report is successfully works on Power BI desktop but after publishing it on the Power BI service app workspace, we came accross the problem I mentioned before.
The problem happens when we try to use this report, others work perfect.
We use new filter panel in the report. Additionaly, Ultimate KPI Card visual is being used both in some of the Report pages and page tooltips. Removing that visual did not solve the problem.
We use report page tooltip on the report, default tooltips work correct.
Power bi desktop version is 2.68.5432.661 64-bit (April 2019). The report has live connection to the SSAS Tabular model, is there any way to share the report with live connection, please comment to us.
One more info about the issue; this report is published to three PowerBI Pro user. Two of them have problem about using the report, but one user manages to use the report correctly. All users’ security rights, licence types, web browser types are same.
Thanks in advance
Best Regards,
FibaBI2019

@FibaBI2019 wrote:

Hi,

After I upgrade PowerBI Desktop with April release, I can not use PowerBI reports on App workspace. When I try to change a report filter  on the filter panel, the report page freezes and the error below came accross on the page. Also tooltips freezes and does not being updated by selected filter.

"Page unresponsive. You can wait it to become responsive or exit the page"

Do you any comment about this issue?

Kindest

FibaBI2019
Regular Visitor

Hi v-qiuyu-msft,

We solved the problem with the techical team. The admin erased "Chrome" folder under my user profile. I restarted my machine, when I open google chrome, a new chrome folder is created under my user profile. After this I managed to reach tooltips in my report and the reports does not have any freezing problem anymore.

C:\Users\gulten.kosoglu\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome

hardik_wonder

Problem Statement (India)-  almost all Power BI Reports opened in Browsers are showing Page Un Responsive error.

unable to Find solution to this as users are unable to open any reports. facing this error since 01 feb . any body has similar problems faced eariler and Found Solutions.