Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI report has slowness navigation from time to time

Hello,

I am facing slowness issue with all of my reports.
Some times report works faster and some time it works worse.

If in report there is more complex logic, like I have measures, then the slownes can be significant different. For example to refresh page after changes date range or other dimension slicer, it took up to 10 seconds for refreshing tables\charts, but in other time, for example 2-3 hours later it works better and time to refresh tables\charts tooks 1-2 seconds for the same report with the same data set, then the slowness appearance again with the same data set.

All reports have imported data from DB views and has star schema in data model, one fact table and around 10 dimensions.
The total count of rows in fact is about 3.5 Millions rows. The dimensions has 10-100 rows. In report I am looking for data for one year (~200K rows).
The data is automatically refreshed from Azure DB every night by scheduler.

Does something make influence in performance of my report outside of my reports? Like PBI updates, maintenance works, loading servers with other customers in the same time, etc..

Any information which can help me will be appreciated.

Regards,

Valentyn Zubenko

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@vzubenko

Sometime we may encounter performance degraded in some PBI clusters. If the refresh time is much longer than usual, you can create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page). And provide the cluster and other information (e.g. dashboard/report URL) as following screenshot to Power BI, so that they can look into to see if there is performance degraded.

Power BI report has slowness navigation from time to time_1.jpg

Alerts are not creating. It stays forever loading..gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

vzubenko
Regular Visitor

Hello,

The issue is still exists.
Looks like when the PBI clusters is not using by any users, I mean not only users from my organization, for example at night, the reports works great.
But durring business hours we noted slowness, and time for navigation of report increased from 1-2 seconds to 20-30 seconds.
Do we have any utilities when I can monitor the report or have any influence to increase performance.