Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI online, streaming data, line chart displaying weird graph

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a line chart from a streaming data set that comes from Azure Stream Analytics (which gets its data from an IoT Hub). I therefore use the "Add tile" button on a Dashboard:

addTile.jpg

Unfortunately the chart thats created looks weird:

LineChart.jpg

The x-axis is from "timecreated" wich is in "DateTime" format. The y-axis consists of "value" which is in "Number" format.

Here is an example of the data that Stream Analytics sends out to Power BI:

AzureOut.jpg

The data format in Power BI looks like this:

PowerBI_format.jpg

I'm able to create a line chart the "conventional" way via "create report":

createReport.jpg

But this way my chart does not get autorefreshed.

My question: how do I get the 'streaming data' 'line chart' to draw a proper chart?

As I'm already on it I have another question: Is it possible to stop the y-axis of a streaming data chart from resizing?

As soon as it gets data that is in a different scope from the data that's currently displayed, it resizes. I would like to fix the "Start" and "End" (e.g. display from 0 to 35), which is possible in the "conventional" PowerBI graphs.

I have an important presentation coming up and your help woud be greatly appreciated!

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Andy_M

For your first question, have you tried it in different browsers? I cannot repro the same issue as you. I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

For your another question, I don’t think it is possible now. There is no such option for us to customize the streaming line chart in PBI Service.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered