Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI goals check-in scroll bar prevents modifying check-ins

When a goal has multiple lines of text and you need to edit the first check-in, the scroll bar does not allow you to scroll down far enough to modify.  See the screenshot below when I have scrolled all the way to the bottom of the page and can only see part of the check-in for Jan 31, 2022.

The workaround requires me to delete later check-ins to get the check-in to bump up on the page, change it, and then re-enter the later check-ins.  This is a significant UI issue for our end users.

wicket250_0-1652464090292.png

This may be related to another issue I submitted regarding recent text wrapping issues in Goals:  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Scorecard-goals-text-wrapping-now-disabled-and-other-format/...

Thanks!

Hi @wicket250,

Product group has filed the bug and they are working on the fix. Currently, they provide a workaround to temporarily unblock the issue: If you would like to edit check-in or delete check-in, you will need to pick the same date as when the blocked check-in created.

For example:

If your check-in has blocked(couldn’t see) and you won't be able to edit it, and date is on Feb 1st 2022 like the screenshot below:

vcazhengmsft_0-1653984992027.png

The next thing that you would need to do is click the new check-in button:

vcazhengmsft_1-1653984992028.png

Then select the same date which is Feb 1st:

vcazhengmsft_2-1653984992031.png

At this moment, you will be able to access the check-in which is being blocked.

Please note: this work around only works if you wanted to edit check-in or add a new note. It’s not possible for edit note, delete check-in, or delete note.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @wicket250,

This issue has been reported as well(ICM 308086164). Will sync here once there is any update. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Yuchen
Employee

Hi @wicket250 

I am here for investigating this issue. Would you mind to share your screen resolution that I could try reproduce this issue?

Thanks

Yuchen

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @wicket250

Could you please tell us how you set your screen resolution of your machine so it will help our product group investigate this issue? Thanks in advance!

vcazhengmsft_0-1652859405195.png

Best Regards,

wicket250
Advocate I

Hi @v-cazheng-msft thanks for the quick response.  My resolution is 1920 x 1080.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @wicket250,

Got it! Thanks for your reply! 😊

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @wicket250,

Product group has filed the bug and they are working on the fix. Currently, they provide a workaround to temporarily unblock the issue: If you would like to edit check-in or delete check-in, you will need to pick the same date as when the blocked check-in created.

For example:

If your check-in has blocked(couldn’t see) and you won't be able to edit it, and date is on Feb 1st 2022 like the screenshot below:

vcazhengmsft_0-1653984992027.png

The next thing that you would need to do is click the new check-in button:

vcazhengmsft_1-1653984992028.png

Then select the same date which is Feb 1st:

vcazhengmsft_2-1653984992031.png

At this moment, you will be able to access the check-in which is being blocked.

Please note: this work around only works if you wanted to edit check-in or add a new note. It’s not possible for edit note, delete check-in, or delete note.

Best Regards,