Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI fails to display clear selection / rubber icon over filters

Hi there, 

I've noticed an issue with Power BI with macOS users;

If the useragent on the browser is set to default and the user attempts to view a generated report which has filtering options (dropdown textboxes / textfields), if any filters on the report are adjusted, the clear selection / rubber icon which should appear doesn't if you hover the mouse pointer over the filter.

The only way to reset the filter is by using the clear all filters option which isn't ideal and also, the right hand pane which has the option to individually clear the filters fails to carry out it's intended operation.

If the useragent on the browser is set to "Chrome 74 on Windows 10" and the user attempts to view the same generated report which has filtering options (dropdown textboxes / textfields), if any filters on the report are adjusted, the clear selection / rubber icon appears over the filter and works fine when clicked.

I decided to check this further with different browsers:

-Microsoft Edge for macOS - works only when the useragent is changed from default to Chrome 74 on Windows 10

-Chrome for macOS - works only when the useragent is changed from default to Chrome 74 on Windows 10

-Safari - works only when the useragent is changed from default to Chrome 74 on Windows 10

-Firefox for macOS - no joy, the issue persists (but was experiencing a seperate issue with the browser itself)

All installed browsers are currently updated to the latest revision and running with default settings - as I've found what appears to be a temporary fix for this, i felt the community should know about this - if this issue has already been logged, i sincerely apologise as it's my first time visiting the Power BI community forum.

Kind regards, 

K10DK.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

HI

This is a known issue, ICM: 234794575

thanks for reporting the issue, we have identified the issue, and we are working on a fix. Please check the following work item for the latest details: Bug 558973 : The "clear selections" option is not available when opening report while Power BI Service portal on MAC OS

and it should be fixed by the end of this month.

Regards,

Lin

bartcozijnsen

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this information.

How can I track when a solution for Bug 558973 or known issue, ICM: 234794575  is available?

Thanks Bart