Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Power BI dialog bug

Hi! My windows dialogs in Power BI are very weird. Just half of them appear and some of them just a line (like if it's trying to open, but cannot). A lot of people are experiencing (I teach Power BI and it's impossible to continue). The solution is to restart computer and use Power BI until the dialogs get crazy again.How to solve this? It's been like that since december. New versions of Power BI doesn't fix it.

janela cortada.pngScreenshot_1.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @klago,

1. Are you running 32 bit Power BI desktop or 64 bit? Please run 64 bit as possible. 

2. When the issue occurs, please check if memory usage is too high on the machine. 

3. Please check if the issue happens frequently or not. When the issue occurs, how about restart the Power BI desktop?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

klago
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft! Thanks for reaching here.

1. I'm running 64bit Power BI

2. Memory is OK, even with a blank Power BI file this happen when opening dialogs

3. It's random. Restarting Power BI doesn't correct it. Only restarting the computer. But after a while, happen again.

I don't know if it's only in Brazil, but it's weird not seeing this issue massively commented.

Here in my community (I'm a Microsoft MVP), this happen a lot with many people and I don't know what to tell them.

gbpucci
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone !!

I have same issue here. 64bit OS with Power Bi Desktop 64bit !!

klago
Frequent Visitor

We really need a solution for this. Any updates? It's happening all the time! Even with the new build launched yesterday.

klago
Frequent Visitor

In front of around 250 people this error occured at a SQL event yesterday. Please guys, we need a fix.

cristavares00

I have the same problem, @klago, and I'm still looking for a solution. It's very wierd and no reports in other places...

I'm using Brazilian Portuguese version (versão: 2.65.5313.701 64-bit (dezembro de 2018)).

Did you found a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Cristiano

GeorgeFP
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Its 2021 and I am using the Oct'21 version on Win10 - having the same issue.

Nothing obvious can explain the cause.

Do we have a fix or workaround for it yet?

Regards

George

danielueda

2023 in Brazil and i have the same problem...