Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI desktop - unable to connect

Hi BI community, 

I have a huge problem with Power BI desktop and I hope you guys can help me to deal with it...

I started to use the BI pro version one week ago and I've noticed few error messages. It was ok in the beginning since it only required to close and open the software again but today I got this weird error message talking about connexions channels.

I tried to close and open again Power BI but my laptop (which is pretty new - ASUS R457U bought it one week ago in order to use BI since there is no Mac version) turned very slow and I couldnt do anything.

Then, I changed my strategy and decided to stop and start again the laptop, same result. Finally, I decided to desinstall and reinstall BI but surprinsgly, it doesn't work at all. I keep receiving this weird message talking about channels connexions that makes me wondering if the problem comes from BI or my computer.

Does anyone have the same issue or can help me clarify the situation ?

Cheers,

Alia

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Alia

Where do the error messages come from? Do the error messages pop up only when you open Power BI Desktop?

If you are pro user, you can create a support case in http://support.powerbi.com/ (at the bottom of the web page) since it is machine specific.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Alia

Hi @v-haibl-msft

Thank you so much for your quick response!

The message pops up when I open Power BI Desktop. I couldnt open BI all the weekend but it seems to work now but Im afraid I ll have to deal with the same problem in the comin days...

Thank you for the link, as a pro version user, I ll definitely create a support case!

Best,

Alia

prasasri

I have the same issue. I used Power BI for 5 months without a problem. After downloading the latest version of PBI I cannot launch it anymore. Tried to launch with Administrative rights, switched off all antivirus and other protection programs, no change. Seems many users have the same problem. Any suggestions?