Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI desktop freezes after update Power BI dataset

I develop reports with a live connection to Power BI datasets in the service. These datasets themselves have a live connection to a local SSAS database (using the gateway) or have their own imported data (depending on for which customer I'm developing). 

When I deploy new measures / structure changes to my SSAS model and refresh the report (to see the new measures) I'm working on often Power BI Desktop freezes after which I have to force close PBI desktop and restart. Hooray for Auto recovery but still it is not great. This also happens when I deploy a new version of an imported dataset. 

This doesn't always happen though, it seems like it is more likely to happen if the report in Power BI Desktop has been running for a while in the background. When I just started PBI desktop to work on the report I can refresh without it freezing, even if I have made changes to the local SSAS model. 

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

Couldn't reproduce this problem, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get further help from power bi support team.

Regards,

Lin

kadirkkkk
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Me either has a similar problem. My report is connected to PowerBI Dataset on my workspace. I've created a measure. It was working fine. I revize something in dax formula and now if i press the character "(" on dax edit pane (like Calculate(....   ) powerbi desktop freezes and in Windows task maneger a process named Microsoft Edge WebView2 consumes more then %30 percent of cpu continuously.

Edit: Everything was fine until i try to use a measure which is created in the PowerBI dataset report. In dax editor, i've written the name of that measure and press TAB, kaboom. It freeze