Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI dataflow no longer connecting to OneDrive files, reports crendentials not being correct

Since mid day today, my dataflow in Power BI can not update the tables imported from an excel in my OneDrive. Looking at the credentials page in the dataflow setting it is complaining that there is no gateway and then continues to show a 400 with the error of incorrect credentials, but the account is fully functional and manual access to OneDrive with the sama account in an browser window works just fine.

Trying to user the "Update credentials" gives the normal account selection, but selecting the correct account that is already logged in yields the same result, account not authorized.

Have you broken the gateway functionality to access OneDrive from Power BI?

Br

/Micke

Comments
mwitt2
Frequent Visitor

Update 1

Ok, now stuff got ever stranger...looking at the table data in Power BI, it actually has updated (even if it is reporting failure), new rows have been added after it stopped working (see above)???

...but refreching the same table from Power BI Desktop now returns an empty table where there is no data and two columns missing???

Something seems broken in the service part here.

mwitt2
Frequent Visitor

Update2:

I think the problem is narrowed down a bit, it seems that your "test connection" function is the culprit regarding failure in updates, unchecking the test connection box and running the manual update creates no errors. This also solved the issue with PowerBI Desktop and I now got the data from the table as well with all columns, so hope this helps you troubleshoot the service, this kind of instability is not great...

mwitt2_0-1634233955847.png

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@mwitt2 

Thanks for the update. I cannot reproduce the issue. You may try the latest version.

mwitt2
Frequent Visitor

Ok, just to check, the last version of what?

Br

/Micke