Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI dataflow - Unable to connect and sign in to dataflow

I am unable to connect to Power BI data flow and get the following issue when trying to sign in to dataflow. This only happens when I try to connect to dataflows using my laptop. I am able to sign in using my credentials in other systems.

Power BI dataflow issue 1.jpg

When I click on "Connect", I face the following issue :

Power BI dataflow issue 2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Anonymous 

That's great! Thanks for your reply. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

May I know whether you successfully connected to this dataflow from your laptop before? If so, could you please try to clear your credential and try again?

Home>Transform data>Data source settings:

vcazhengmsft_3-1638501137378.png

If your issue is that you can't see the login window after clicking connect button, please check if you can see Power BI Desktop infrastructure update option in your Options pane(File>Options and Settings>Options>Preview features). If you select or unselecte this option, will you issue be resolved?

vcazhengmsft_2-1638500811718.png

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cazheng-msft,

Thank you for the response.

For your first query : I have not connected to dataflow earlier from my laptop since I have been facing the same issue from my first try.  Hence, the "Clear Permissions" button is not activated for me.

Power BI dataflow issue 3.jpg

For your second query : When I go to Get data -> Power BI dataflows -> Sign in and enter my credentials and click on Sign in button, my Power BI Desktop application gets frozen for 1-2 minutes and I get the message "The given credentials couldn't be refreshed".

And the "Power BI Desktop infrastructure update" checkbox is not available for me.

Power BI dataflow issue 4.jpg 

Thank you.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your reply. I understand. May I know whether you are connecting with the credentail that you used to create your dataflow? 

Are you using the lastest version of Power BI Desktop whose version number is 2.99.862.0 64-bit (November 2021)? Please check whether WebView2 has installed on your laptop?

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cazheng-msft ,

Thank you for giving suggestions to the issue.

I have been provided a new system by my company and in the new system, the dataflow connects without any issue and works fine. So, the issue is sorted as of now and I am able to work effectively with Power BI.

Thank you.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

That's great! Thanks for your reply. 

Best Regards,