Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI and Business Central Embedded not working

Power BI embedded reports are no longer working in any of our BC tenants organizations. Here is the error message when trying to select a report in Business Central Cloud:

The length of the string is 251, but it must be less than or equal to 250 characters. Value: https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=03ba296f-5f32-4517-b171-5faee46fd711&config=eyJjbHVzdGV......

Is this related to the February 2020 update and is there a way to fix this?

Comments
blazjensterle

Hi, we have the same issue on our Business Central On-Premise installation.
Power BI Report app has an URL that is 294 characters long - the field only accepts 250 characters.

2020-02-26_12h49_19.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

@blazjensterle Now we also have the string value showing as 294.

jonheidur
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have the same issue. Is there anything that can be done?

Best regards, Jónheiður

blazjensterle

Hi, I have opened a ticket on Microsoft Support and will post updates when I get any new information.

MMaulana9433

Hi,

Yes, I have same issue. Hopefully microsoft will respond it asap.

Best Regards

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jonheidur
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have created a support ticket and will post back if I get any info on this.

Best, Jónheiður

jonheidur
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

This has been solved in version 15.4 of Business Central, but there is a bug (in the on prem version) in connecting BC to Azure Active Directory in that version that will be solved in the next version 15.5.

Best, Jónheiður

Lazine

Hi All,

We are also experiencing this problem. Is there any fix on version 13.0.28871.0 (on-premises)? Or will it only be available on 15.5?

sonaproAR101

Some of our customers have experienced the same issue with integrating PowerBI to Dynamics NAV or Business Central on Premises.

It seems as though Microsoft has implemented a Fix in the CodeUnit 6301 which strips the "config" query parameter from the URL fetched from PowerBI. 

So the resulting URL is shorter than 250 characters and it works again.

For those that are able to adjust the objects in on premises setups copying the changes from the CodeUnit will fix the issue right away, otherwise an upgrade to the CU containing the the fix will work.

Overview concerning Release Notes:

14 - CU10 - ApplicationHotfix 346562

13 - CU17 - ApplicationHotfix 346564

2018 - CU27 - ApplicationHotfix 346563

2017 - Could not find a fix yet in ReleaseNotes, copying the fix from NAV 2018 should work, though

I hope this helps everyone including me, looking for a solution with this issue in the future. 🙂