Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI & Twilio Integration Not Working (Data Limits)

I have set up the Twilio integration into the Power BI service and data seems to be flowing in correctly, however, when I try to set up a dataset of "Count of Messages by Date" I can only get a maximum of 50 results when I should have around 14k in the last 30 days... The 50 results that are showing are the most recent text messages that we have sent. Inside Twilio's logs, it has a pagination which is limited to show 50 results per page and I am assuming that this is the issue and why Power BI is only allowing me to see 50 results as well. Is there something that I can do to fix this!Screenshot at Sep 14 10-13-01.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-14 at 10.10.19 AM.png

As you can see the image above is from Twilio showing we sent around 14k messages in the last 30 days

Comments
schaefferw

This is a screenshot of Twilio's log page of messages which only shows 50 results per page... When I try to export this data to a csv, it only provides 10k rows of data and then has a statement at the bottom of the csv that there was an issue and it couldnt export all of the data...asdf.jpg

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @schaefferw,

Please try to open this content pack template file ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/abs98c4nzorhsry/Twilio.pbit?dl=0 ) in Power BI desktop, check if data shows correctly. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

schaefferw

@v-qiuyu-msft,

I have done what you have requested and I am still seeing the same results... Attached is a screenshot for reference.Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 1.13.17 PM.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @schaefferw,

I would suggest you create a support ticket and let enginee rs look into your real environment. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

schaefferw

@v-qiuyu-MSFT,

Unfortunately it will not allow me to create a support ticket because I am not a pro user yet... Our company is currently exploring Power BI with the free 60 day trial before we make the leap to purchasing licenses, however, Twilio SMS is one of our top digital marketing assets that we would like to track...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has there been any fix for this?

I'm hitting the same issue.