Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Power BI add-on in PowerPoint

I have PowerPoint reports powered by the Power BI add-on. Every month I update the data on the desktop and publish it online.

In some views I would like to display only the latest data.

In my case, this is called a data wave. Each wave is associated with an index and I make sure to display only the last index, i.e. the last wave.

This works well on the desktop and on the application but when I reload my data in PowerPoint it does not work.

I noticed that there is a problem with the segment and "filter on this visual" in the filter panel. My method of displaying only the last wave is as follows. I have a single choice filter which is filtered via the filter panel to show only the last wave. Everything works but as soon as I am on the complement, it crashes and it puts me in a segment with multiple choice and I find all my waves.

If you can improve this add-on by solving this problem I would be grateful 🙂

Hi @MNASSOUR 

It depends on how you export to PPT . If you choose "Embed an image" and export with Current values , you will get the filtered data . If you export with Default values , the data displayed in the PPT is the data displayed when you open the report at the beginning, even if you filter data in this visual, it still returns the initial data. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/end-user-powerpoint#export-your-power-b...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @MNASSOUR 

It depends on how you export to PPT . If you choose "Embed an image" and export with Current values , you will get the filtered data . If you export with Default values , the data displayed in the PPT is the data displayed when you open the report at the beginning, even if you filter data in this visual, it still returns the initial data. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/end-user-powerpoint#export-your-power-b...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao