Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI (Viewer) visual headers must include all options available on PBI in browser Workspace

I've been using the Power BI and I really like the feel it gives particularly its slideshow functionality. I would like to suggest that the intelliscence menu in visual headers should be made to populate the same dropdown options/menu available in Power BI Workspace when using a browser. As a specific example, when using Power BI (Viewer) I can find the export data option when I click on the intelliscence in the visual header of a report I published (with no restriction on exporting data). This export option is available when I open the same report in a browser.

It will be good to have the complete user interface features in Viewer.
You may also advise if there is away this can be resolved in the current version.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I'm a little confused by your description, could you please share some screenshots to explain?

Regards,

Lin

NAgyare
Regular Visitor

Hi Lin,

Kindly find attached the two snippets: one from Power BI (Viewer) and the other from Power BI workspace in Chrome browser. The later has more options in the interlliSence menu compared to the Power BI (Viewer).

Thanks and regards,

Nana Kwame

IntelliSence menue from Power BI (Viewer)

IntelliSence menu with no export option from Power BI (Viewer).jpg

IntelliSence menue from browser (Workspace)

IntelliSence menu with export option from Chrome browser.jpg

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

what is "Power BI (Viewer)"? I'm sorry that I haven't used Power BI (Viewer) before. Is it a third party tool?

Regards,

Lin

NAgyare
Regular Visitor
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

IntelliSence menue from Power BI (Viewer)

I known you could give one user viewer role for the workspace, then this user could see the reports in this workspace, but I'm confused is that how do you get the first sceenshot, how does this viewer to get this report?

Usually, one viewer want to look the report, he needs go to the workspace to open it.

Regards,

Lin

NAgyare
Regular Visitor

Hi,
Both screen shots are the same report. The only difference is the platform used in viewing.

The snippet IntelliSence menue from Power BI (Viewer), is from the software Power BI (Viewer).

The second snippet IntelliSence menue from browser (Workspace) is viewing the same report in a Chrome browser.