Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service update has broken Custom Tooltips and Horisontal Slicers (again)

Yesterday everything was working fine. This morning (11-07-2018) an update to the Power BI Service has broken the new Custom Tooltips (using tabs as Tooltips) along with the Horisontal Slicers/Buttons which are yet again broken.

Microsoft please fix as soon as possible! This is yet another example of how an update to the Power BI Service that we as customers have no way of preventing breaks our current production reports.

Comments
roscoegray
Frequent Visitor

Still broken in UK

Xavibp
Regular Visitor
Still broken in France too ... Very annoying
wyanogueira
Frequent Visitor

Hey @v-qiuyu-msft could you please inform the status of the fix?
It's too bad for us to expect something on a date, ask users to wait and delay more than 5 days to fix these bugs.

What is going on?

Thank you!

andrewtegala
Advocate I

Any update please? Is there somebody I can speak to while at the MS Business Application Summit in Seattle?

zapppsr
Kudo Collector

Regading the horizontal slicers grayed out, the "solution" it to set the "Itens" background to default color.

I know that is not good to do it in many reports, but it is for someone who is troubled by it and want a fix right now. Somehow the background color was changed to gray.

przemekkucia
Advocate II

Tooltips in line chart still causes problems... It's ten days after the deadline for the fix. By extension this issue makes me look unprofessional. 

Microsoft, please, please - post a real deadline or fix the problem

zapppsr
Kudo Collector

Hi.

I'm having this issue:

The first time I open a report, it shows the tooltip fine. If I move to another report with tooltips, the tooltips will be loading forever.

The only workaroud I found was go to the address bar and hit Enter. Somehow it is different than just hiting refresh on the browser...

After doing that, the tooltip loads correctly, as in the image below.

Clipboard.png

KEITHO
Frequent Visitor

Tooltip was working fine until the July 2018 upgrade.

This was used in a basic way- age average was dropped into a tooltip. in a line graph using year in the legend to give one line per year, the values displayed as expected. Hovering over the line at a particular point showed the total for each year and the age average for each year.

The visual has axis of month, legend of year, values as a total and tooltip as an average of a value (customer age)

Now, on the server and on the Jul2018 desktop version update, this is not working. only one age average is showing, not age average per year as expected. Also for some strange reason, the earliest year is displayed as year.

(0 used as default number for display purpose only)

Working previous version hover display, selecting a particular month:

year 2013

2013 0,000

Age avg 00.00

year 2014

2014 0,000

Age avg 00.00

year 2015

2015 0,000

Age avg 00.00

New version now displays

Year 2013