Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service update has broken Custom Tooltips and Horisontal Slicers (again)

Yesterday everything was working fine. This morning (11-07-2018) an update to the Power BI Service has broken the new Custom Tooltips (using tabs as Tooltips) along with the Horisontal Slicers/Buttons which are yet again broken.

Microsoft please fix as soon as possible! This is yet another example of how an update to the Power BI Service that we as customers have no way of preventing breaks our current production reports.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Mardin,

It's a known issue. The fix is planned on : 7/16 – West Europe , 7/17 – NCUS , 7/19 – Rest of the World except North Europe, 7/20 – North Europe. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

berjac
Helper I

Surely the restoration of the issue can be restored sooner ....

We have deployed the Custom Tooltip to many clients and now we have to explain why data insights are not available.

Is there no way of expiditing the repair?

Mardin
Advocate IV

One would expect the best solution would be to roll back the bugged June Service update ASAP. Fix the bug in a sandbox environment, and then roll it out again.

It is really troublesome that we as customers have no way of preventing the Service updates which on regular occasions cause our production reports to fail. 

berjac
Helper I

@Mardin wrote:

Yesterday everything was working fine. This morning (11-07-2018) an update to the Power BI Service has broken the new Custom Tooltips (using tabs as Tooltips) along with the Horisontal Slicers/Buttons which are yet again broken.

Microsoft please fix as soon as possible! This is yet another example of how an update to the Power BI Service that we as customers have no way of preventing breaks our current production reports.

The June update was working well for me .... it only stopped working yesterday 😉

przemekkucia
Advocate II

Standard tooltips are weird as well, when on desktop those are fine

Mardin
Advocate IV

@berjac sure, but MS posted on Power BI Blog 10th July 2018 that the "June update to Power BI Service" had just been released. Right about the same time these bugs appeared.

Thus it must have been an update to the Service that broke the Tooltips and Vertical slicer buttons etc, since everything is still working perfectly fine in the Desktop.

My suggestion is therefore for MS to roll back whatever update they pushed to the Service that broke things.

It is a huge problem that we cannot prevent these report breaking Service updates and that we have to live with a 4 day implementation period for such bug fixes = wait 4 days untill PRODUCTION reports are working again.  

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Currently workaround is:

The “Tooltip” toggle needs to be turned on for the affected visuals. Users can do this if they have Edit access in the service. Otherwise, the report author will need to turn on the toggle “Tooltip” in PBI Desktop and then publish the updated report.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

berjac
Helper I

Hi Qiuyun

I have tried what you have suggested without success ......

The tooltips were set to on for the required visulisations.  

I first switched them all of and published ... and then didn't have any tooltips...... that was expected and worked well.

I then re-edit the visulisations and turned the tooltip on and selected the custom tooltip page to display - saved the report - and the published to BI embedded service (as I always do.)

I have not been able to see any tooltips.

Were yopu perhaps suggesting that I do something different.

It would be reeally great if this could be sorted out on Monday as we are training and handing over or Dashboard and reporting modules to the organisation ........ The Tooltips provide essential data .... compromises the value of the end-user experience without them ....\

Anyhow - thanks for the suggestion ....

bangbang
Regular Visitor

My organization has the same issue with multiple reports in production. Looking forward to hearing the issues is resolved.