Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service slow refresh

Hello, we are facing performance issues working with Power BI web interface. The resresh and response to the filters are extremly slow. Power BI Desktop is fine with the same reports. We're on West Europe (Netherlands)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ERG,

How long did refresh and filter finish? Was there any error throwing out during refresh and filter period? 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

ERG
Regular Visitor

Hi! When I open the report all the visuals are loading for about couple of minutes. Same thing happens periodicly when I select some filters. Usually this report loaded instantly and there were no issues with filters. This happens to many reports in our stack.

In terms of errors there were few yesterday, but I lost the precise technical error name, something like 'Errror loading your data model' Today i cannot reproduce them

cobwebz
Frequent Visitor

We have had the same issue recently. When I view a dashboard on the web service it has always been very quick, but for those with whom I shared it the experience is very slow and frustrating. Visuals take a long time to load, filters are sluggish (such as simply clicking a checkbox), and in some cases we've seen entire visuals not load at all. I am the primary producer of the dashboards, but don't see how that would impact how others view it (since it is published to your server and simply being accessed by different users). Our main concern is that we intend to share these dashboards to our executive folks, and want to ensure they can quickly access the data they need. What we are seeing thus far is rather worrisome. If a support ticket is the best option we will do that. Thanks!

donquijote
Advocate IV

We have been experiencing these issues quite often during the last week.

This has been frustrating but also doing a real damage to the busines in terms of customer experience.

Has there been any conclusion from past cases like this on what creates this bad Power BI performance issues? Any guidance on how to prevent these kind of issues?