Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service run Extremely Slow

Dear support,

Please check this PBI service CSTS IM TOOL - Power BI or Power BI

The service seems taking forever to be fully loaded, once the page loaded, the slicer will take another 10 minutes to work properly.

Currently as far as I know there seems no known issues about it and the Webview2 instructure is main for Power BI Dekstop, see:

1. Power BI Desktop Installer Changes & WebView2 
  2. Introduction to Microsoft Edge WebView2 

Please consider providing more details about this isseu like my first post. In addition, when creating a new report and publish it to Power BI Service, check whether this issue still hapens.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
TiemenHarms
Advocate I

Same here. Reports and response on filters are very slow.

Phelisa

I am currently struggling to find Tenants' settings under admin portal. Please help. I am an admin for our power BI premium package.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Please consider whether it could be a temporary issue, currently as far as my test, when set the filters/slicers for the report, it runs smoothly.

In addition, you can try to create a new report which only includes few visuals with slicers in different workspaces to check whether it is related to the report size or happens in specific workspaces or reports.

If it only happens in this specific workspace and specific report, please consider providing more details about this issue like workspace type, report data source, connection mode or a sample file without sentive information to publish to Power BI Service to test.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here, Service is taking forever to load (2 minutes in some cases). Aside from that some pages of the report simply do not work, and it crashes. In this case I believe it has something to do with webview2 since downloading the report(that used to work fine until a wekk or so ago) and openning it on desktop leaks to a memory leak and PBI crashes.

itsme
Resolver I

The service has been extremely slow to load most reports in my org and in various workspaces. This has been happening for two days now! What is going on?

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Currently as far as I know there seems no known issues about it and the Webview2 instructure is main for Power BI Dekstop, see:

1. Power BI Desktop Installer Changes & WebView2 
  2. Introduction to Microsoft Edge WebView2 

Please consider providing more details about this isseu like my first post. In addition, when creating a new report and publish it to Power BI Service, check whether this issue still hapens.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried to record it to post more info here, but it comes and goes... sometimes works flawlessly others it just lags and the report gets stuck, Happens both to newly ublished reports as well as older ones.
I know it is not any connection issues my connection is just fine it hapeens only on the report

When i happens again Will try to record and post here