Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service not using Local UTC for scheduled reports

Hi

Thanks to forum support, it has been proven that the Power BI service is not using UTC+10 (my local timezone) when setting the Scheduled Report Time even though it shows as being UTC+10.

If you would like to follow the complete trail it is here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Scheduled-report-shows-old-data/m-p/908790/highlight/false#...

In summary, the report was shown to refresh on 22/1 at midnight then it was scheduled and arrived at 8am on 22/1 but the report showed data from 20/1 instead of 21/1. The forum member proved that in fact the Power BI service was at fault for taking my 8am UTC+10 time and running the report in UTC+0 which pushed time back to still be on the 21/1.

Please fix the bug in the service to adhere to local UTC of the user setting the report schedule.

Thanks

Mike

1.png

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@MikeCDS ,

Thanks for your post. I will test this issue and report internally if it can be considered as a bug.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

MikeCDS
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yuta-msft 

It seems the Feb release of the service has fixed this now. I have returned my dataset updates to simply "daily" instead of making them run at 10:30am to get a Brisbane friendly midnight run.