Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service metadata inaccessible error

Hi,

I am facing an issue while loggin to my power bi account. The error I see when I enter "app.powerbi.com" in any browser is :

Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
TECHNICAL DETAILS
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the Power BI service status in the below support page and try again later.

I was able to login to my service and workspaces till yesterday. Today i am facing this issue and many of my report users are also facing the same issue.
Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

same here

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here.

In different browsers, with different users.

ansenho
Regular Visitor

I also having the same problem. Seeking for solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our European users are experiencing the same problem.

klinejordan
Advocate II

Receiving many escalations from users at my company about this issue - can't reproduce it personally but for some users it happens in all browsers

lfrosales
Frequent Visitor

Users in my organization are reporting the same thing. Cannot replicate the issue and it is happening regardless of browser. Power BI Error_062320.jpg

quiros2
Regular Visitor

We are also impacted by this issue. We are accessing reports trough proxy setup for URL filtering.
Stopped to work today 23-Jun-2020

yoyodougo

I've had reports from users based in East US. Aussie users are ok

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

PBI team referres to this issue on their service page since today.

image.png

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@veenashenolikar ,

Currently this is a known issue. Please update your browser to the latest version. 

Starting 06/02/2020, Microsoft Power BI will begin rolling out to all regions enforcement of the TLS 1.2 protocol for all encrypted connections. All modern web browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer 11) support TLS 1.2. Any customers having connection issues should ensure they are using the latest web browser of their choosing. Any client/server connections (such as API/Embedded calls, Mobile apps etc) also must support TLS 1.2 in order to maintain connection to the Power BI service. For more information, please refer here

Regards,

Jimmy Tao