Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service is Very Slow

Hello, 

I have been using Power BI Desktop and the Service for the last 3 years everyday and over the past week I have noticed that the Power BI Service is much slower than it has ever been. It can take 5-10 seconds per click in our environment in West US and in our customer environment. 

I noticed the most lag when I enter edit mode and try to change up reports. When I try to drag a new field on to the canvas from the data fields pane, you use to be able to see the field name next to the mouse cursor as you dragged around the canvas however now it seems glitchy and can take up to 5 seconds to appear. 

We did a webinar last week and have all of this abnormal latency recorded. We do not use Power BI Premium. 

Has anyone else seen anything similar? Please help us get back to user experience that we are used to!

Thanks, 

David

Comments
kwyoung001
Regular Visitor

David,

We are having issues too.  See my post from a few hours ago.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Pro-Web-is-extremely-slow/idi-p/585164

Kevin

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@DavidKett,

What web browser do you use? Please try different web browsers and check if same issue occurs.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

kcantor
Community Champion

I am having issues as well. Reports that have always been reliable are now spinning without loading the data. The refreshes occured as they should but all users are experiencing slow downs. I, personally, use Chrome. I also have users with Edge, and Mozilla experiencing issues as well.

kwyoung001
Regular Visitor

@kcantor Have you opened a ticket with MS, if so, what have they said?  It seem folks are having issues, but MS is not digging into the issue.

In my ticket with MS I provided traces via Fiddler and within those traces there are 404 Errors.

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 8.46.37 AM.png

DavidKett
Advocate IV

I have tested this in the latest versions of Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. I have confirmed these slowdowns across different users of the same tenant, accessing the PBI service from different PCs and VMs, and I have also logged in to other customer's tenants in different regions and witnessed the same issues. I think that is fair to say it is server-side issues with the Power BI Service which is unfortunante since my day to day operations depend on this SaaS. 

DavidKett
Advocate IV

I have also validated that the same slowness during Edit occurs in Power BI Premium workspaces as well as Power BI Pro workspaces. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@kwyoung001 @DavidKett,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side, I would recommend you open a support ticket in Power BI support site.

Regards,
Lydia

kwyoung001
Regular Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft  Thanks.  I have a few weeks ago and I'm getting no where with support, this is why I turne to the blog.  It's very frustrating.  Is there a way to escalate tickets if we feel it's moving slow?